If you create a content item with the same title as another existing content item, it's likely the existing content item also has the same URL as the one you're attempting to create, and you will see this message:
An item with the URL '[URL HERE]' already exists.
Each item in the CMS has a unique URL - the web address where the item is located.
Two or more websites cannot share the same URL, and the same goes for content items in the Sitefinity CMS.
If you try to create a new content item (blog post, event, headline, page, etc.), the system will alert you that the URL is already in use, and you won't be able to continue unless the URL is changed.
Editing the URL for Blog Posts, Events & Chapter Headlines
1. Expand the "More options" section:
2. Now, you will see the URL. Click the "Change" button:
You will now be able to edit the field. The URL needs to change in some way, and it doesn't matter how you change it.
You can add a number or remove part of the existing URL.
3. Next, if everything else in the event/blog post/headline is ready to go, scroll down and click Publish as normal, and the event/blog post/headline will be published.
Editing the URL for a Page
1. Click the "Change" button:
2. You will now be able to edit the URL.
3. To commit this change, click anywhere outside the field.
Now you will be able to Publish the page.
Remember that you will now have two items with the same title on your website, but they will both be active because the URLs are unique.
Edit Blog Properties
To edit the properties of an existing blog, go to the Blogs page and click Actions for the blog you want to work with. You will now be able to change the title or select a Default page for the blog.
Editing Image Properties
After you have uploaded an image, you can configure various properties of the image including resizing and cropping. You can get to the image properties anywhere images are used via the Edit all properties button you’ll see after choosing or ...
Creating a New Page
1. On the main menu at the top of the Dashboard, click Pages. You are now in the Pages section of the admin area. 2. Find the section (parent page) under which you’d like to add a new page, then click on Actions. This menu will drop down: ...
Error Message: Someone is Already Using This Username and Password
"Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser. To process, you need to log him/her off." You may see this message if you close your browser/browser tab while still logged in to MPI.org, so the next time you ...
Bulk Edit Images
You can edit the properties of many images at the same time. To do this, perform the following: · On the Images page, click the image library you’d like to work with. By default, you’ll see the images displayed as thumbnails. You can work ...