Creating Columns Using Grid Widgets
You will most likely need a page that has content separated into
columns. You don’t have to create the column layout on the page before adding
Content widgets, but it does help if you already have a design in mind.
Here is an example of columns used on an Awards page:
As you can see, the award names and recipients are arranged in two
You can’t drop a Content block next to another Content block within the
same row, so you’ll have to divide the row into columns.
Columns are created in the Layout view of the page editor.
To create columns:
- Switch to Layout view by clicking the
blue “Layout” link in the top
right, above the Widget sidebar.
- You are now in the Layout view.
You’ll see the Content widgets have been replaced with Grid
- To divide Column 1 into two columns, drag and drop a “grid-offset-6+6” Grid widget into Column 1.
- Now, instead of just Column 1, you’ll see it’s been divided in to two
columns – Column 1 and Column 2.
- You can now switch back to Content view to drop widgets into the new columns.
- To delete a Grid widget, click More in the upper right corner of the widget, then
Note: The widget will be deleted instantly with NO double check to confirm the delete.
If you delete a Grid widget that has content in it, that content will be deleted as well.
If you do delete a widget by mistake, you can always restore the page to the last time you published it or saved a draft.
You cannot rearrange columns (Grid widgets) in Content view, and you
cannot rearrange widgets in Layout view, but you can easily toggle back and
forth between the Content and Layout views while editing.
If this seems a bit complicated, don’t worry, the grouping of columns is already done for you within Sitefinity using the different Grid widgets you’ll find in the Layout view of the Page editor. All you have to do is drag them onto the page – no ...
Page Layout & Column Concept
The MPI Global and Chapter website templates within the Sitefinity CMS use a coding tool kit, or framework, called Bootstrap. Bootstrap is one of the most popular frameworks for developing mobile-friendly, or responsive, websites. A responsive ...
Creating and Building Forms
Create the Form In the Title input field, enter the name of the form. Do not change the Name used in code (for developers) Do not change anything under Advanced. “MVC only” is selected by default. This is the option that must always be selected. ...
Creating a New Page
1. On the main menu at the top of the Dashboard, click Pages. You are now in the Pages section of the admin area. 2. Find the section (parent page) under which you’d like to add a new page, then click on Actions. This menu will drop down: ...
Adding Content Using Content Widgets
Content widgets are the main tools of the Sitefinity CMS. They are what control the content shown on a page. After you create a page and go into editing mode, you will be in the Content view by default. You will see a single large area to the ...